From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VXI-1394 adapter not recognizing or communicating with my hardware

I'm using a VXI-1394 adapter on conjunction with Labview to run some hardware that we build but the 1394 is unable to communicate with the hardware.  Resource Manager runs fine and I am able to load our software in labview, but there is no communications occuring.  I have swapped the suspect 1394 card with a known two seperate good ones and they work well.  I am fairly confident the board is bad, but I'm not sure how to desribe what is wrong on any technical level.

-Tony
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,786 Views)

Hi Tony:

It looks like you've done the best troubleshooting you can do by switching out the board with known working boards.  There may simply be a problem with your hardware.  If you want to send the board in for repair please contact National Instruments support by phone.

NI Support

Regards,

Emilie S.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,774 Views)
Tony,

Before you send in your controller for repair, could you clarify a few things for us?  When you say that Resource Manager (resman) runs successfully what do you mean?  Does it find all the devices in the chassis?  Or does it just complete without locking up or failing?  Also, which 1394 boards have you swapped out, VXI-1394 cards or PCI-1394 interfaces?

The reason for the first set of questions is if you are able to find and recognize all the devices in your VXI chassis when running resman, then that is an indication that the board is working, and that there is some other problem with your system.

Also, have you tried changing the address of the VXI-1394 card or resetting the EPROM or anything like that?  Please let us know.

Thanks,

Logan S.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,762 Views)