VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VME-MXI-2 unable to load configuartion because it is not compatible with the hardware

Hello Guys,

I would really appreciate if one or more of you help solve this situation.  I am trying to  load a configuration file to the hardware configuratuion of the VME-MXI-2 board but I am getting the message " Unable to load configuration from file VME-MXI-2.cfg: Save file is incompatible with hardware [-5]".  The files is expected to be compatible with the card.  What could be happening??

Regards and thank you in advance!!

alcaEli

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,557 Views)

Hi alcaEli,

Is this the first time the behavior has occurred?  Have you successfully imported other configurations?  How are you importing the configuration?  Please verify you are the computer administrator as this has caused problems in the past.  Screenshots are always very helpful when possible!

Regards,

h_baker
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,543 Views)

Hello and thanks for the reply,

The configuration I am trying to load corresponds to a system that uses windows 95.  The OS of my system is windows 98; when I save the configuration of my system to a file and load it again to the VME-MXI-2 card, it loads fine.  The configuration from the card working with windows 95 is not loading; in the windows 98 system, once I click load, select the folder and windows 95 configuration file and then click OK the error message stated in the previous email is displayed.  Could this be happening because of the differences in operating systems???

Thanks!!

alcaEli 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,521 Views)

While operating systems can have different structures and cause issues, verify the location directory is as described here.  This may be more of a corruption issue.  Do you still have the original Windows 95 setup to try importing the file onto?

Regards,

h_baker
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,493 Views)