VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VME MX2 Installation problem

We have an issue with hardware installation. Running a Labview 7.1 application on the system. The error a shown attached occurs and cannot run Resman.Any help is appreciated

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(9,653 Views)

Hello Alexvarkey, 

To assist you with this issue I have some questions and suggestions.

1. Could you describe how and why you cannot run resman?
  2. Have you tried reseating the PCI card in your computer, and in a different slot?
  3. Is this a new setup, and does this setup work on a different computer?
  4. Check to ensure there are no bent pins on the cable connecting your PCI card in the computer to the VXI card.
  5. Ensure that the device is showing up properly in Device Manager.
  6. Ensure this is not an issue with an incorrect driver or the driver not correctly associating itself with the device by checking in Device Manager.

Please repost on here with further question if the suggestions I posed does not resolve the issue

Regards,

Izzy O.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(9,630 Views)

Thank you. Actually I can run Resman from MAX(ver2.2.0.3010) and from my application.

But the problem is that the VME card(on the VME chassis the MXI cable is connected) is not initialized.

I cant read any values from the card located in the VME chassis.

Device manager is not showing any issues.The driver installed for the PCI-MXI 2 card is 1.6.1f0(2002).

I installed the PCI card in another slot and the resulting configuration pictures are enclosed.

This setup was working in the same computer and cannot find anything has changed.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(9,620 Views)

Hello Alexvarkey, 

1. Please post a screenshot of your Device Manager so I can ensure there is nothing of concern there. 

2. From the picture, I can see there is an issue with you VME mainframe ( the yellow band) on frame 1.

3. Could you click on the mainframe and see if there are any error messages?

4. Do you have another mainframe, VME card, and PCI-MXI 2 cards that we can swap out in order to determie which piece of hardware is causing this issue?

Regards,

Izzy O.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(9,603 Views)

I am posting a picture of Device Manager and Frame details.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(9,596 Views)

Two more screens

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(9,595 Views)

What tells you that the card is not initialized?  Is it that you cannot read any values from the card, or is there some other indicator?  Could you post an image of a Resman log after it runs?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(9,535 Views)

Thanks for the replies. There was an error in setting up the address of the board.

In NI MAX the VME mainframe ( the yellow band) on frame 1 still exists,but the board works

and the Labview application is reading values correctly.

Thanks,

Alex. V

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(9,519 Views)

Glad to hear that, Alex!

Just FYI, the yellow bang on the VME frame is expected.  It simply indicates that there is no VXI functionality.  As long as the values are being read correctly, it sounds like you are good to go.

Cheers!

KB

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(9,507 Views)