From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using TIC ASIC Features in the NI GPIB/VXI

Hi,

I am trying to utilize a feature detailed in the NI tutorial Triggering With NI-VXI of the TIC ASIC within the NI GPIB/VXI controller in my application. I am trying to generate a simple SYNC trigger (low going pulse) on VXI TTL0, map that trigger to the External connector of the GPIB/VXI (GPIO1) with signal conditioning, specifically - stretch the trigger pulse to one clock cycle Synchronously based on the clock signal applied to the EXT clock input (GPIO 3). I have managed to generate the trigger on VXI TTL0 and map it to GPIO1 with the following string commands:

"MapTrigTrig 0, 41, #b0000;*WAI;SrcTrig 0, 4, 0"

The following command which is supposed to use the EXT Clock behaves identically to the last... I'm not sure it did anything...

"MapTrigTrig 0, 41, #b1000;*WAI;SrcTrig 0, 4, 0"

When I try to tell it to synchronize with the external clock:

"MapTrigTrig 0, 41, #b1001;*WAI;SrcTrig 0, 4, 0"

I lose the trigger mapping all together... It is still on the backplane, but not coming out of GPIO1

And when I try to tell it to do everything I want, Map it to GPIO1, Use External Clock, Sync with Edge of Clock, and Stretch to one Cycle min:

"MapTrigTrig 0, 41, #b1101;*WAI;SrcTrig 0, 4, 0"

I still get nothing out of the mapping, but sourcing the backplane is still working...

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,   Stephen.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(6,407 Views)