VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Resman in Vista

I am upgrading to 32 bit Vista and I'm trying to get my MXI card and resource manager to work.  I can get the drivers installed and device manager recognizes the MXI card.  My problem is Resman won't run.  Also, it is grayed out in MAX VXI Tools menu.  I tried usine the NI-VXI v3.5 download.  Is that the correct version to use? 

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(8,575 Views)
AIM-USA,

Sorry to tell, but at this time VXI is not supported under the Vista operating system, 32 or 64-bit version. Microsoft Windows XP SP2 is the latest operating system supported by NI-VXI 3.5. Please check back in the future for Vista support.
Cheers,
-Marshall R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
One stop for all your NI-VISA Support

GPIB Support has a new homepage
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(8,568 Views)
Any time frame given for VXI support on Vista?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(8,510 Views)
Sorry Code Addict, there is not an official time frame for Vista support.
-Marshall R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(8,499 Views)
How about an unofficial time frame?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(8,371 Views)
Sorry Neal, it is just not something I can disclose. But National Instruments is still dedicated to VXI innovations. This is evident from our recent release of the VXI-MXI Express Remote Controller. This brings VXI to computers with a PCIexpress and has a much more manageable cable that MXI-2. Rest assured Vista support will come in time. And PXI is already full compatible with Vista if you must use a remote chassis with Vista host.
-Marshall R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

Message 6 of 6
(8,354 Views)