VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resman hangs at "searching for statically configured devices" for VXI using VXI-USB controller. Please help!

Resman hangs at "searching for statically configured devices" for VXI using VXI-USB controller. Please help! P.S. When pressing standby button on VXI the Resman successfully finishes.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,362 Views)

It sounds like you got a new VXI-USB Controller recently and are now running into this issue with Resman, right?

You said that Resman finishes successfully if you press the standby button. Does this mean that you are able to see your VXI modules correctly? Or are there still connectivity issues?

If the VIX-USB controller is new to your system, how far did you get in the setup from this manual?
http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371381a.pdf

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,349 Views)

Hi Mark,

We actually setup the new VXI-USB controller without any problems until recently. All modules (TVS625A, register based baseboard) were recognized and functioned properly. At some point the register based board stopped its functions and after a while a TVS625A board also stopped from showing up in Max. At this point it was only the controller in Max with the yellow sign on it. Now even with all VXI boards out (with except of the controller of course) the Resman hangs as I described previously. I suspect that the VXI-USB controller just broke but may be there is some other issue I am not aware of.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,338 Views)

Could be damaged or failed HW. You haven't had any SW changes on this controller right? Driver updates or anything?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,320 Views)

There were no changes to SW lately. The controller failed for no visible reason.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(8,318 Views)

A few things we should check:

1) Current version of NI VXI driver installed (Make sure it supports the VXI-USB controller)

2) Does connecting this to a different host computer with NI VXI driver run ResMan successfully?

3) Check if the yellow bang in Windows Device Manager gives any info on why there is an issue with the controller

4) Try re-installing the drivers for the controller and modules.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(8,292 Views)

Hi Mark,

It took a while to get to the hardware, which is heavily used lately. Ran the test with following results.

1) Current version of NI VXI driver is 3.8.1

2) Connecting to a different host computer with NI VXI driver produced the same result.

3) No yellow bang in Device Manager - VXI looks normal there.

4) Downloaded VXI 3.9, installed, no difference.

I guess it is a faulty VXI-USB controller. I guess it is still under warranty - we bought it less than a year ago. How should we get the RMA for repairs?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(8,239 Views)