VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resman Fails if VXI-MXI-2 is at LA 96

I have a single chassis with the VXI-MXI-2 card set to 96 and one other card (a HP E1420B counter timer, although I have tried other card with same results) at LA 98 (I also tried it at 107 with the same results). I have a PC running Windows NT 4.0 with a PCI-MXI-2 card. When I run Resman with the VXI-MXI-2 at 64 Resman runs fine, when I set the VXI-MXI-2 to LA 96 resman fails (I am attaching the resman logfiles). I have looked at the knowledge base and have only found Doc ID 0TD9592Q to be close but it still doesn't fit my case because I have only one chassis. Eventually I will put this in a system with more chassis that's why I am using LA 96. Please help.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,971 Views)
Since you are currently testing this chassis by itself, your VXI-MXI-2 device is considered to be the first (and only) MXI-2 controller in your system. As explained in the KnowledgeBase linked below, the logical address (LA) of the first MXI-2 controller in your system must be a power of 2 (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, or 128).

How Can I Configure Logical Addresses of a Multi-Chassis VXI-MXI-2 System?

This explains why your single chassis does not work properly when the LA of your VXI-MXI-2 is set to 96 instead of 64 (a factor of 2). However, when you set up your multi-chassis system you should be able to use the LA of 96, as long as this is not for the first VXI-M
XI-2 controller in your system.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Sonya W.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,971 Views)