From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-8105 crashes when I request VXI-8340 device to go offline

Hardware:

PXI-8105 embedded controller installed on PXI 1045 Chassis

VXI-PXI8340 VXIbus Interface Kit.

Before I run Resman, I can see the cards in both the PXI and VXI chassis in Measurement and Automated Explorer. MAX showed the logic address and description of each device in the VXI chassis.  After installing niresmanengine.dll patch, Resman works fine.

Then, in Measurement and Automation Explorer I request the VXI-8340 to go offline. The embedded controller crashes and automatically reboots Windows.  What can I do to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,993 Views)
Hello,

What version of the VXI driver are you using? If you use the "request offline" button on the front panel of the 8340, does the controller still reboot? Thanks!

Regards,
Ebele O.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,983 Views)

The version I am using is NI-VXI 3.3.1.  When I use the "request offline" button on the front panel of the 8340, the controller still reboots.

Thanks,

Alex de Leon

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,975 Views)
Hi Alex,

That should not be happening; I am going to get a setup similar to yours out here, and give it a try to see what happens.
I'll post back with my results. Thanks!

Regards,
Ebele O.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,955 Views)