From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-MXI interface failure

I have two PCI-MXI-2 interface cards 1 and 2 and two machines A B following are the results:
A2 works
A1 resman hangs
B2 works
B1 resman hangs

I think this implicates interface card 1. This card is about 15 months old. The serial number may be D32483. How can I get a working card?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,075 Views)
Dear Doman,

Before you have this card repaired or replaced, I recommend you try to restore the EEPROM with the factory settings. I have attached a tutorial that will explain setting the EEPROM.

If restoring the EEPROM does not solve your problem, then you will need to send this board into National Instruments for repair. Please visit www.ni.com/support to generate a phone support request. You can then call in and speak with an Applications Engineer who can RMA your board.

Regards,

David Shatila
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
1-866-ASK-MY-NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,075 Views)
Thanks for your feedback. However the instructions in the Word document are for Windows, I am running Linux.

Do you have similar instructions that use resources that are available on Linux?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,075 Views)
Doman,

Here is another document that includes instructions for non-Linux operating systems.

Regards,

David Shatila
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
1-866-ASK-MY-NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,075 Views)
David, thanks again for your quick reply.

Just for others who may be following this thread, the referenced document includes instructions for Linux, and other operating systems.

May I suggest that you consider another format for these documents. Linux doesn't have MS Word and Staroffice doesn't display this document very well, although it printed adequately. You might consider Adobe Acrobat, as it works well for Linux and Windows, IMHO.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,075 Views)
I'm glad the documents helped. They are in the process of being added to the NI Developer Zone as a tutorial. Once they are placed on the Developer Zone, they will be viewable with any web browser.

Regards,

David Shatila
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,075 Views)