From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX keeps crashing while trying to locate lecroy oscilloscope

MAX keeps crashing on me while I try to find my oscilloscope over ethernet.  WINXP, LeCroy 454, LabView 7.1, NI VISA Server 3.3.  I can connect to the scope with TightVNC.  If I select the scope in the MAX menu tree.  I get a very long hourglass, then crash of MAX.  MAX actually crashes a lot.  Is that common?

thanks,

Cullen
LabView 6.2 for Linux running on Ubuntu (Debian) with 2.6 Kernel
Labview 8.0 for Windows running on XP, IMAQ 3.6.0, NI-1428, NI-1430, NI Camera Link I/O Ext Board
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,510 Views)
Cullen,

Sounds like you might have two separate issues.  First if MAX crashes a lot, I would recommend that you try to repair the installation of the drivers you have installed on your computer, as well as MAX.  This can be done pretty easily by going to Add or Remove Programs then selecting National Instruments Software and clicking Change.  This should bring up another window where you can select the different programs to repair.  Hopefully once you have done this you will no longer have problems with MAX crashing. 

After looking around a bit for more information about using the LeCroy 454, I found that it is recommended to install the IVI drivers for this instrument to communicate using TCP/IP.  These drivers use the LeCroy VISA to communicate, and may explain why you are unable to get MAX to recognize the driver and why it crashes.  I would recommend trying to install the IVI driver for this instrument and see if you can get it working after that.  The IVI drivers are maintained by LeCroy and can be found at the following website. 

Hope this information helps!

Andy F.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,505 Views)