VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED from nivxi1394k.

Fresh load of NT 4 on a Dell GX110. Service Pack 6a. No IE, or other non-base apps. 20G drive with 2G/18G parts. Loaded NIC & video drivers for Dell devices. Loaded Measurement Studio 6.0 (complained when nids.dll didn't register - Data Socket w/o IE?), then 1394/G driver ver 2.1.

When resman sends out the BNOs (it flashes so fast), I get the KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED blue screen. It always reports that it's in nivxi1394k at offset 116C.

As I am preparing a system for delivery, my need for an answer is urgent!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(7,041 Views)
Hello Jon!

I have a couple quick questions, and then a suggestion of something to try. First, which PCI-1394 card do you have, Adaptec (2 1394 ports) or Solectron (OHCI with 3 1394 ports)?

This may be an issue with conflicting versions of NI-VISA. Many of the new NI drivers (like NI-488.2) install NI-VISA 2.5, whereas NI-VXI 2.1 installs a previous version. When you look in Add/Remove Programs (under the Control Panel) what shows up for NI-VISA? Also, what version of Measurement & Automation Explorer is on the system? If it is version 2.0 or later, what drivers does it report having installed (under the software section on the left hand side)?

There is an updated version of nivxi1394k to be used with NI-VXI 2.1 for NT and 1394 and NI-VISA 2.5.
Please go to www.ni.com/ask and select to email support. From there, I will be able to send you the update to try.

Another thing to try: without running resman, open up VIC (VXI Interactive Control). From here, you can read the configruation registers for the VXI cards in your system. See if you get any errors from this, or if you can read the registers with out error.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(7,041 Views)