VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to interface a microcontroller to VME bus

Hello Everybody,

I would like to interface a microcontroller (Intel, AVR,... anyone) to VME bus which is capable with a 24- Address Lines(A24) and 16-Datalines(D16).

Is it possible for communication.

Note: I dont want to communicate with a PCI -VME converter or anyother converter. ( with out PC)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,397 Views)
Hi IEL,

You should be able to do the communication you want. As long as your communication fits to the VME standard it would be fine. It will take lots of work to get this working correctly, but is IS possible.

Regards,
Matt S.

LabVIEW Integration Engineer with experience in LabVIEW Real-Time, LabVIEW FPGA, DAQ, Machine Vision, as well as C/C++. CLAD, working on CLD and CLA.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,379 Views)
On a side note, what's the application you're working on with this? Are you trying to design a custom controller? Or an instrument to communicate with the VME bus?

Regards,
Matt S.

LabVIEW Integration Engineer with experience in LabVIEW Real-Time, LabVIEW FPGA, DAQ, Machine Vision, as well as C/C++. CLAD, working on CLD and CLA.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,365 Views)
Hi Matt S

Thanks for you reply.

In my project i have a testigue board(Board under test) with periperals like LED, PWM,..etc. That Board is compatible with VME bus interface.

I have to test that board via VME interface.

For that one i need to interface with a microcontroller to VME bus and along  with other input functionality Periperals.

Thankq.

Mahesh.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,356 Views)