VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Manuf Serial Numbers from the VXI 1406 (Command Module).?

Hi!
I'm wondering if it is possible to get the Manuf Serial Number for this Module, I'm trying to run a program which will be query this number and then Upload some Instruments defined for this VXI plane. So I would like to get an Identification of this module in order to do this. This identification has to be different between my 1406 modules because I have a few VXI Racks and I would like to use this module to identified the Rack.

Or if you have another idea to do this identification using serial numbers for my VXI Racks please let me know.

Thanks for your support!!!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,290 Views)

Hi Victor,

I believe the VXI 1406 you're refering to I believe is a HP 1406.  This control module used to be make by HP, but is now made by Agilent and is sold as an Agilent E1406A.

http://www.home.agilent.com/cgi-bin/pub/agilent/Product/cp_Product.jsp?NAV_ID=-536897247.536881187.0...

The VXI specification reserves specific register locations for the manufacturer ID and the model code of the device, but it does not specify a location for a serial number.  Many manufacturers include this information in a device-dependent address space.  You would need to contact Agilent to find out if the serial number is included in a register location and where that register is located.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(7,277 Views)
Thanks for you advice,

We already did what you mention but it doesn't work, let us try to contact Agilent and see if they can Help us with the Registry's, because the Equipment lost the information that we recorded.

Victor.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,266 Views)