VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate a 100 KHz clock signal using the VXI CLK10 (10MHZ) clock and tic timers?

I want to generate a 100 KHz clock using the VXI 10 MHz clock and the tic timers. I want to, then, route this signal to the backplane on one of the TTL trigger bus lines, say TTL0. How do I do this?
jc
Mac 10.4
LV7.1
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,788 Views)
Hello jcrooke,

What controller and what chassis are you using?  The user manual for the VXI 8340 series details how to use the clock on the 8340 and may help you with your application.

Thanks,

Meghan
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,784 Views)
Thanks for getting back to me Meghan. I have a NI VXI PC-870 single board computer running win98 controlling the chassis, which is a Hewlett-Packard E8403.

I have used the the TICK timer functions to divide the CLK10 signal down by powers of 2, which will give me 78,125 Hz as a possible clock signal using the scaler outputs, but I can't figure out how to hit 100 KHz without going over.

Thanks again.

jc
jc
Mac 10.4
LV7.1
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,780 Views)
Hello JC,

The CLK10 on the VXI PC-870 isn't able to generate a 100kHz signal.  The VXI PC-870 user manual will give you more detail about working with the CLK10 signal.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a great day,

Meghan
Applications Engineer
Message 4 of 5
(7,763 Views)

@Meghan R wrote:
Hello JC,

The CLK10 on the VXI PC-870 isn't able to generate a 100kHz signal.  The VXI PC-870 user manual will give you more detail about working with the CLK10 signal.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a great day,

Meghan
Applications Engineer

Thanks, Meghan. That confirms what I have been able to discern from the manuals. When I get a negative result like this, I like to get confirmation or denial from a more informed person. Thanks for responding.
jc
Mac 10.4
LV7.1
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,759 Views)