VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message T&M

Have a VXI-PC8XX series which when I try to launch T&M Explorer has error "T&M is unable to determine the type and logical address of the local VXI/VME controller. Unable to access configuration information." Have reloaded VXI software. Running Windows NT4. What am I missing?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,851 Views)
What version of NI-VXI are you using? For the latest driver check out the following page:

NI-VXI Version 3.3.1 for Windows 2000/98/ME/NT/XP

Logan S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,846 Views)
Currently the computer says it has NI-VXI 2.0.0.1. Only has 32M of memory. Am trying to determine if it does not see VXI backplane because of software or hardware issues before spending money to upgrade to use as a spare.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,844 Views)
Unfortunately I have been unable to find any current documentation on that error, so I can't tell for sure whether upgrading the memory will resolve your issue. So let's go back to some basics and build from there.

1. Does this controller have a fresh install? That is, does it have a lot of software already installed, or are you just installing software piece by piece?
2. If it's not a fresh install, how possible would it be to make it so? To reimage the machine?
3. In addition to setting the software back to a clean state, have you tried setting all the controller's jumpers, switches and other settings are set to the default values? (See chapter 3 of NI-VXIpc-800/700 User Manual)

If we can get the controller back to a known good state then hopefully we can get T&M Explorer and NI-VXI installed and have the error taken care of.

Also, while 32MB of RAM is not a lot of RAM, at one time these controllers were sold with no more that 16MB of RAM, so 32MB should be enough for the system to work, though neither 16MB nor 32MB of RAM will make the system as fast as 64MB or 128MB might.

Finally, you mentioned that you are looking into getting this to work as a spare. What's your end goal? Have you considered opting for a newer controller, whether embedded controller or remote controller? I'm just curious.

Logan S.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,831 Views)