VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual VXI System Sometimes Locks Up

I have a dual mainframe VXI system and at random times (always during the initialization phase), the green light will stay lit on the 1394 controller in the first mainframe and all communication stops.  I'm using VB.Net with NI-VISA. After a lock up, I have to cycle power on the VXI chassis, sometimes more than once to get Resman to run successfully again. Sometimes, Resman will error out and give the message: There is more than one device in frame 0 configured for Slot 0 operation. I was wondering what could happen to cause this message when there is only one controller in each frame?  Could something be happening in the software that causes the NI software to think that both mainframes are actually one system?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,586 Views)

Are both chassis being powered up simultaneously?  If so try staggering the boot sequence, chassis 1 then chassis 2.  Also, are you daisy-chaining the second controller off the 1394 ports from the first controller, or do you have both contollers connected directly to the PC?  Try connecting both chassis directly to the PC.  If you are powering up both chassis at the same time and are daisy-chaining the connection, this might cause some problems.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,577 Views)