From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers for obsolete products

We have a very old MXI-1 (VME-AT2000 KIT) operating under Win98.
Is it possible to run this under Win 2000 or XP? Which drivers should we use?

Thanks in advance...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,674 Views)
Hi bucko,

The VME-AT2000 Kit with the AT-MXI-1 interface is obsolete and is only supported in versions up to Windows 98.  This product will not be supported in Windows 2000 or XP.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,666 Views)

Hi Bucko,

It looks like there is actually a way to install AT-MXI boards in Windows 2000 and Windows NT 4.0:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/90644B4A470D32C886256591007F332D 

This solution isn't pretty, but it should work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,628 Views)

Hi Michael,

Can I use this info for  AT MXI board also ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,430 Views)
This info applies to all AT-MXI-1.  If you are using AT-MXI-2, you do not need to go throught these steps.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(8,418 Views)

Hi Michael,

The board I have is AT2010 and always referred as MXI in documents, not MXI-1 or MXI-2. I really need a confirmation if the info is applicable to my board.

I am trying to install Win 98/ Labview 7.00 to a system with AT-MXI board. In order to use MAX for self test purposes I have to use Win98 with Labview 7.00 as minimum configuration while using VXI 3.10 and NI-VXI upgrade for Windows 95 as available support for 98/95 for AT-MXI board.

1. Can I use Labview’s programming power for this upgrade?

2. Is it possible to see AT-MXI board under MAX’s device and interface for AT-MXI board. 

3. Is it possible to use previous test code in C in Labview? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(8,413 Views)
Just to clarify,  when you see a reference to MXI, such as AT-MXI, this is what is referred to now as MXI-1.  The initial MXI specification did not forsee the introduction of MXI-2, MXI-3, and MXI-4.  After the adoption of MXI-2, the original MXI was renamed to MXI-1.  The VXI/VME AT-2010 Kit that you are referring to contains either a VME-MXI or a VXI-MXI controller and an AT-MXI board. All MXI(-1) products are obsolete and no longer supported by National Instruments. These drivers are supplied as-is, and as such are not supported by National Instruments.  These are the only drivers available for MXI-1.  NI-VXI 3.10 does NOT support AT-MXI-1.  Also, here's a link to the Getting Started Guide for the VXI/VME-AT2010.

To answer your questions:

1)  Can I use LabVIEW's programming power for this upgrade?  I'm not sure exactly what you are asking here.  The thing to keep in mind is that newer software is always written to take advantage of the processing power of the current PC's.  Running newer software on older PC's with older OS's will not yield a performance increase, and in most cases result in a performance decrease.  Upgrading your software to LabVIEW without upgrading the PC, OS, and hardware will not necessarily result in increased performance.

2)  Is it possible to see AT-MXI board under MAX's device and interface for AT-MXI board?  The drivers I link to above are the only drivers available for AT-MXI.  These drivers pre-date MAX, and are not designed to work with MAX.  It is not likely this will work, and it is definitely not supported.

3)  Is it possible to use previous test code in C in LabVIEW?  The answer is yes, LabVIEW does have a code interface node (CIN) that can allow you to call C code from a LabVIEW VI.  Again to reiterate, running the same C code through LabVIEW given the same hardware and OS will not yield a performance increase.

I hope this information helps.  I would strongly suggest upgrading to MXI-2, as this bus is still supported and relevent for the near future.
Message 7 of 7
(8,395 Views)