From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see boards in a VXI chassis connected via VXI-MXI-2 cards using a GPIB-USB adapter

I'm working on a system that has two VXI enclosures, and the two are bridged via VXI-MXI-2 boards in each of them.  The first one has a GPIB-VXI board in slot 0, and I have a Winodows XP computer connected to that with a GPIB-USB-HS adapter.  The problem is that I cannot see any of the boards in the second chassis over GPIB in the Measurement & Automation Explorer.  As far as I can tell, everything is configured correctly; the VXI-MXI-2 board in the first chassis is in the last slot and has a logical address of 126, and the VXI-MXI-2 board in the second chassis is in slot 0 and has a logical address of 127.  To make things even more confusing, if I put a VXI PC in slot 0 of the first chassis, it seems to see everything without any problems.  Do you have any idea why this might be happening?  I'm pretty new to working with these systems, so I might be missing something obvious.  Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,232 Views)
Nevermind that -- I just discovered that you can't bridge two VXI chassis with VXI-MXI-2 boards if you're using a GPIB-VXI board as the controller.  So, I'll just have to find another way to accomplish what I need to do.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,226 Views)