VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can VXI hardware reprogram other VXI devices when triggered?

I am programming a fast pulse generator that only buffers one set of pulses at a time. At a predetermined time which is mid-experiment, a new set of pulses is required from the pulse generator.

Can the VXI Controller, or any other VXI device, buffer "future" programming code, and then write the code to the appropriate module when it is triggered?

I am using a VXI-1501 mainframe with a VXI-8345 controller, and a Highland V610 pulse generator, along with LabVIEW 7.0 on a Windows machine.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,086 Views)
Hello,

It seems that VISA Event Handling may help you acheive the functionality for which you are looking. Using VISA Event Handling, you can detect triggers or interrupts from your VXI devices and then handle (respond to) those events as you specify.

If the pulse generator you mentioned can generate a trigger or interrupt, you could use VISA Event Handling with LabVIEW.

Chapter 7 of the NI-VISA User Manual describes how to use VISA Events in detail.

Chapter 4 of the NI-VISA Programmer Reference Manua
l
details the various events which can be detected.

There are also shipping examples in LabVIEW that demonstrate how to implement VISA Event Handling: Help >> Find Examples >> Hardware Input and Output >> VISA >> (VXI Trigger Event Handler) or (VXI/VME Interrupt Event Handler).

I hope this helps. VISA Event Handling seemd to most closely match your description. If this is not what you are looking for, please reply with additional information.

Regards,

Sonya W.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,086 Views)