VI Analyzer Enthusiasts Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Merging" cfg files

Hello,

I'm working on a way to modularize VI analyzer configuration files.  Here is a simple use case example.

I am developing a project at my company that consists of some re-usable in house components and some project specific code.  My company has a standard cfg file that is run on all VIs that we develop (ie Every VI has comment).  In this project, I will run this standard .cfg file on both the re-usable code, as well as the custom, project specific code.  I also have a specific test(s) that I only want to run on the project specific code, and that configuration is stored in a separate cfg file (ie No Backwards Wires). 

I want to be able to set the test configuration properties in the GUI, and then specify the VIs programatically.  And I want all the results in a single rsl file.

I was able to come up with a simple example where the above functionality works.  However, the logic to achieve this ability seems backwards.  Essentially you have to say here are all the test that I want to run, and here are all the VIs I want to run them on.  Then you have to exclude certain tests from a VI, one at a time. 

Is there a better way to accomplish what I am trying to describe?  Ideally, I'd like to be able to say run cfg file A and B on this set of VIs, and run cfg A on this other set, and run cfg C on all the files.  The file affinities would be dynamic and relatively easy to manipulate based on project requirements.  

I've included an example (LV 2015) that shows what I am trying to accomplish.  Two cfg files described above.  Two VIs that fail both tests, but as you can see from the results, the backwards wire test is not run on the re-usable vi.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,682 Views)

There is no easy way to accomplish what you describe. The common use case is that, for a given project, a template .cfg is used initially, then the analysis settings are customized for that project.

I will say that there is a feature in VI Analyzer 2018 that may help with your use case, but I can't discuss beta features outside the beta forum. If you sign up for the beta, we can continue this discussion there.

Message 2 of 2
(2,670 Views)