From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VI Analyzer Enthusiasts Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wishes for _analyzerutils.llb

I'll start this out... if this ends up the wrong place we can close or move.

I've on occasion wished for another function to be added to <vi.lib>\addons\analyzer

_analyzerutils.llb

I end up writing it, but thought it should be included for others.

Maybe this can become a suggestion place for these items.

Might be duplicating idea exchange, but I think this might be a little better focused with the right audience.

Post what you write that you think is great.

Post what you wish were there.

Message 1 of 7
(5,897 Views)

I like this idea. I'll start:

Is owned by typedef.vi

typ.png

Given the reference to a control or constant, this VI will tell you if that object is owned by a typedef. This helps when trying to filter results for a VI Analyzer test when there's nothing the user can do to fix that particular failure object (since it is owned by a typedef).

I am planning on shipping this VI in _analyzerutils.llb in LabVIEW 2016.

One thing that is unfortunate about the NI Community forums is that I can't attach a copy of the VI to this reply for y'all to review...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,386 Views)

Here's the one I'm working on:

_Analyzerutils.llb (LV2012 here) contains a VIAnUtil Check If ErrClust.vi

Works great for just a singleton error custer wire.

I'm making a version that has a "IsErrClust?" output as well as an "IsErrClustArray?" output to let me know if the item is an error array.

Could be two different VIs, but I chose to just do two outputs of the same VI. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,386 Views)

I think you can attach files if you choose the "use advanced editor" upper right corner of the reply window.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,386 Views)

Ah, you're right! Here's the Is owned by typedef VI, saved in LabVIEW 2015.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,386 Views)

I've also had a need for a "is owned by array" similar to a "is owned by typedef"

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,386 Views)

Something like this? Saved in LabVIEW 2015. If it works the way you expect, let me know and I'll try to get it into LabVIEW 2017.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,386 Views)