From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VI Analyzer Enthusiasts Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Analyzer Result - Unbounded Code in Timed Structures

Hi community. As a newbie on the real-time front I have a question regarding a finding from VI Analyzer.

I am developing a real-time application in LabVIEW 2016. There is a single timed-loop (hgih priority) that is performing acquisition and testing. I need to distribute the latest values of the measurements acquired to other, low pirority loops (1:N). I have around a dozen such measurements.

I have read the CompactRIO developer's guide and it suggests that one popular option is to use single process shared variables with FIFO enabled (single element). The manual suggests that LabVIEW will generate an invisible loop in the background with a FIFO to pump the data to the variables so that the writes from my timed loop are deterministic and not impacted by other threads reading these varaibles.

I followed this advice and have implemented these parts of my system. As a sanity check I ran VI Analyzer. It reported, under the "Unbounded Code in Timed Structures" Test, that this was a potential issue for every variable I had used.

Is this the case? Or is it that the VI Analyzer Test is not sophisticated enough to detect that FIFO is enabled?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,327 Views)

Sorry for the late reply. I think this is a limitation of the VI Analyzer test, and you can ignore those test failures.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,282 Views)