VI Analyzer Enthusiasts Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Analyzer Feature Idea - Improving "Occurrence [n]" text in Results Window

The individual failures displayed in the VI Analyzer Results Window are listed in the Results List as "Occurrence 1", "Occurrence 2", etc. To view more details about a particular failure occurrence, you read the text in the Description string below the list:

test1.png

What do y'all think about replacing the "Occurrence " text in the listbox with a truncated failure description, like this:

test2.png

Or maybe allowing tests to define the listbox text? Tests could have an optional "short description" parameter for failures, allowing them to create custom text for the listbox that is easier to scan through:

test3.png

Maybe if a test did not define a short description, we would display a truncated regular description by default?

What do y'all think about these options? Would they be more useful than the current "Occurrence " text?

Oh, and if the "short description" gets implemented, I imagine I'd include it as an optional tag in the current failure message string, as opposed to having to add a new parameter to the results data cluster:

test4.png

Message 1 of 2
(3,888 Views)

I kike it:  AS a part of a fairly large organization starting to implement VI Analyzer this would make it much easier to identify where we want to focus attention on correcting items.

Bill Welch
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,040 Views)