VI Analyzer Enthusiasts Documents

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test - Useless Close Reference

This test returns a failure for any Close Reference function wired to a GObject reference. The GObject class contains Panel and Diagram, along with any object that can reside on a panel or diagram (control, constant, node, structure, wire, terminal, etc.)

As I explain in Brainless LabVIEW, there is no need to close GObject references. In fact, the function itself is a no-op when a GObject reference is wired.

This test is saved in LabVIEW 2015. Follow the instructions here to install and use this test.

Comments
croohcifer
on

Hey Darren,

In Brainless LabVIEW, you call out many GObject refs that don't need to be closed, but when I analyze the following VI, the Useless Close Reference test only flags the top Close Reference:

Capture.PNG

It doesn't complain about the bottom three close refs.  Is this an oversight in the plugin, or should I really be closing the bottom three refs?

Thanks!

David

Darren
Proven Zealot
Proven Zealot
on

I agree with your assessment, the VI Analyzer test should be flagging those bottom three Close References as useless. I won't be able to update the test for a while, so if you (or anybody else reading this) wants to take a stab at updating the test to detect those additional scenarios, that would be great!

Contributors