VI Analyzer Enthusiasts Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening an rsl file in the result window by program

Hello everybody,

I've written a small program that allows a user to select a project and a "recipe" file (.cfg). It then launches the tests selected in the recipe on the selected project items.

When tests are finished, I automatically create an html and rsl file.

I want to automatically open the result window at the end of the tests. Is there a way to do it?

I've looked in analyzerresults.llb and analyzerui.llb but the only think I found was that the wizard communicates using FGVs. And when I manually write values into these FGVs, the result window make an init at launch and overwrite my values.

Thanks, Amaury.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,205 Views)

Are you using the VI Analyzer VIs? If so, there is an input to VIAn Run.vi called "Show Results Window?" that will automatically pop up the results window when the analysis is complete:

res.png

Message 2 of 4
(3,368 Views)

Hi Darren,

thank you for your quick answer. I'm using ViAnalyzer API to perform tests so I can use the Show Result Window to automatically pop the window. I probably miss this input on the Run VI...

By the way, is there a solution to reopen a result file by program? I'm still curious...

Thanks a lot,

Amaury.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,368 Views)

There is currently no way to programmatically launch the Results Window with a pre-existing RSL file loaded...you have to manually launch it via Tools > VI Analyzer > Show Results Window, then pick the RSL file in the resulting file dialog.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,368 Views)