VI Analyzer Enthusiasts Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Custom Tests

Solved!
Go to solution

We have sucessfully implemented revision control on the <LabVIEW Data> directory.  It helps to configure your <LabVIEW Data> directory to be somewhere else (other than in your Users folder).  This has the benefit that everyone on the computer shares the same LabVIEW Data directory.  This has the drawback that everyone on the computer shares the same LabVIEW data directory.  In our case where we wanted to have a consistent experience for all developers across all computers no matter what was going on, it was a huge benefit for us.  We basically just force a deployment from revision control onto the LabVIEW Data directory and everyone has the same VI analyzer tests, and custom probes, and icon templates, and everything else. 

It does require you to be careful and make some files not under revision control (for example your compiled code cache), but generally your revision control system allows you to configure ignored files.

Message 11 of 17
(1,782 Views)

I have another question.  What do I do if I am trying to combine the type of objects that I am running tests on.  I want to make sure clusters are checked for typedef.  But I want to include FP and BD objects.  When I ran it VI analyzer I couldn't get the test to point to the constant on the BD.  It would always point to the FP cluster that it found also.

My only thought right now is create a seperate test for the constants for the BD, but I was trying to avoid that.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,782 Views)

Try adding an Increment function on the index you wire into the second loop that gets added to the iteration count. I think you're off by 1 in your math.

Message 13 of 17
(1,782 Views)

Darren,

Thanks for your help.  I have created all my current tests in LV2015.  Is there an NI approved method for converting .llb from 2015 to 2013 because I believe I will need to maintain this VI tests for both versions.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,782 Views)

I don't know of a tool to save a VI Analyzer test LLB to a previous version. When you do this, I imagine you'll need to move files around with the LLB Manager. When you do, make sure you get the Config VI and RD VI put in the new LLB, and make sure the test VI itself is marked as top level in the LLB.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,782 Views)

Darren,

I was able to create a test like you mentioned.  Can you look at it and see if there is anything I missed?  I haven't gotten to the point of being proficient at using the configuration window yet.  One thing I haven't been able to do is determine if these functions and subVIs were part of a Diagram Disable Structure.  I'm sure it is a selection that I am missing in the haystack.  I assume it is good to check.  If they are disabled then I guess you can leave them alone.

To take this a step further I assume you shouldn't allow Diagram Disable Structures in your code for released products anyway.  I am sure I can write a quick test for that.

Thanks.

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,782 Views)

Here is a VI (saved in LabVIEW 2015) that you can pass a GObject to, and it will tell you if that GObject is owned at some point up its hierarchy by a disabled frame of a Disable Structure.

I didn't run your test, but the code looks fine at a glance.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,782 Views)