VI Analyzer Enthusiasts Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Custom Tests

Solved!
Go to solution

I am working on creating tests that are specific to our company's standards guideline.  I just started.  The first one that I am working on is the following.

- Suppress dialog error reporting for unattended or remote operation.

The only idea I have is to query the block diagram and come up with a list of VIs used and then compare them to the known list of dialog producing VIs.  But I am having difficulty finding a way to create this list programatically.

I have a others that I need, but I wanted to take this one at a time.

Any ideas/help would be appreciated!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(8,083 Views)

I don't think there is a way to generate this list programmatically, since a "dialog" could be any VI that has its panel programmatically shown, and is statically (or dynamically!) configured to be a modal dialog.

So you would need to provide a list of VIs and functions. And you'd probably want to provide a way for users to specify additional VIs that they know are used as dialogs in the application being tested. As far as stuff that ships with LabVIEW, I can think of:

General Error Handler.vi

Simple Error Handler.vi

One Button Dialog

Two Button Dialog

Three Button Dialog.vi

Any of the File I/O functions (and some VIs) with an empty path wired in will pop up a file dialog

File Dialog (function and express VI)

This is not a comprehensive list, just the stuff I can think of off the top of my head.

Message 2 of 17
(6,519 Views)

I have another test that I am running into trouble with.  How can I test to make sure all VI's that have error inputs and outputs have them connected on the block diagram to something?  I have been going through the list of the ones that ship with LabVIEW.  I hope I haven't missed it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(6,519 Views)

You have to disable automatic error handling, so VI's without wired error connector won't produce dialogs.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(6,519 Views)

Yes that is something to do.  But I also want to make sure the designer has wired up all possible error outputs and done the proper error handling on them.  I guess this is probably just going to have to be a visual inspection.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(6,519 Views)

The Block Diagram > Warnings > Error Cluster Wired test in the VI Analyzer Toolkit will return a failure for any diagram object that does not have its error output wired.

Message 6 of 17
(6,519 Views)

I have another issue I need help with.  It appears that after I am able to run the tests that I create for VI Analyzer but I can't look at the errors from the results list.  I have attached the lib for one of the tests I am having issue with and a picture of the error.  This problem occurs even when I run the test by itself.

I have trying to change different things like adding or removing Close Ref VIs.  I thought maybe closing the references to the controls was the problem. 

The latest change I made was to create a seperate array for the references for when I convert them to a another class to be able to get the right informaiton out of them.  But that didn't seem to help.

I also added the test VI I was using.

I am assuming that whatever I am doing wrong on this test I am doing wrong on all the tests that I created.  I am running this on LV2015.

Thanks for your help!!!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(6,519 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JoeWork

You need to populate the RD VI of your test. See the "Configuring the Test to Highlight Failures" section here for more information:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvvianalyzerhelp/writing_vian_test/

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(6,519 Views)

Is it possible to select a different folder for the User-Specified test other than:

//LabVIEW Data/VI Analyzer Tests

I am asking because I want to be able to put my tests that are created in a source control repository.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(6,519 Views)

There are only two locations that VI Analyzer tests can reside:

[LabVIEW Data]\VI Analyzer Tests

[LabVIEW 20xx]\project\_VI Analyzer\_tests

If you want to keep your tests in source control, I recommend using VIPM to create a package that installs the tests to the [LabVIEW 20xx] location. Most people I know that take this approach create a folder in there with their company name, then categorize tests under that folder.

Message 10 of 17
(6,519 Views)