VI Analyzer Enthusiasts Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having an icon? file in the folder causes VI Analyzer to not list all the files in that folder

Hi VI Analyzer enthusiasts,

First of all: yes, I know, I shouldn't be using a Mac... Now that we got that out of the way, let me share this finding in the hopes that it will save some time to other people that might have the same issue. Here is what we discovered:

I downloaded a zip file of LabVIEW code to my Mac and extracted it there, then I opened it in a Windows virtual machine.

Apparently the Mac adds an icon file to the folders that when it is opened in Windows is called icon?, this is a hidden file, you need to have your Windows explorer configured to show hidden files to see it.

If I try to configure a new VI Analyzer task that analyzes the extracted folder, none of the folders list any files beyond files that start with H.

Once I delete all the "icon?" files from the source code folders, VI Analyzer is happy and it lists all the files.

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,915 Views)

Thanks for reporting this bug. I have filed CAR 600962 for the issue. The best workaround for now is to ensure none of the "Icon?" files are present in any folders that are part of your analysis. From what I can tell, these files have no use on Windows.

Message 2 of 3
(3,611 Views)

CAR 600962 was fixed in LabVIEW 2017. See the 2017 LabVIEW Bug Fix List for details: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53584/en/

--------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,252 Views)