VI Analyzer Enthusiasts Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find events that lock the front panel?

As discussed elsewhere, I typically prefer events that allow a max of one instance in the event queue and don't lock the front panel. Unfortunately, that's not the default.

Is there an VI analyzer test that can tell me which events still lock the front panel?

(Some are OK, of course, but I want to make sure that there are no others that I overlooked)

altenbach_0-1612814936979.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,941 Views)

I just posted a test that will detect events that lock the panel. See here.

Message 2 of 12
(2,920 Views)

Thanks Darren! I'll try it out. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,902 Views)

Thanks! Pretty nice!

Two slight flaws (one false positive):

Event 0 is a pure timeout event (nothing else) and the greyed box is not checked, yet the it is detected as one that locks the panel.

Event 11 is a "panel close?" filtering event. Here the box is checked and greyed, so we have no choice.

Ideally, it should only detect cases where we actually have a choice.

Since event frames can be shared by many events, how hard would it be to list the events for each frame that match the test?

The code seems flexible enough so I can do my own version!! Stay tuned.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,888 Views)

OK, I am pretty happy with this one. Timeout filtered out and frames only listed once.

altenbach_0-1612826768525.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,881 Views)

Looks good. I made you a contributor to the original document where I posted the test. If you want to make edits to the test to make it more generally useful, feel free to update the original post.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,871 Views)

And if you do edit the original test, please make the changes in LabVIEW 2014 if possible, that's the version I used.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,867 Views)

Thanks. I haven't really tested it for all possible event flavors and such. I'll try to clean it up and test it in more scenarios. It seems line breaks are not allowed in the output string.

(I also haven't tested it for VIs containing multiple event structure, but I assume each will be a separate result entry.)

As you might have noticed, I virtually never do any scripting so this is all relatively new to me. Fortunately, I had a fantastic template here.... Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,861 Views)

OK, here's a draft (Still in 2020) that could be down-converted and published once it looks final. Feel free to suggest modifications and enhancements.

Questions:

How exactly do I down-convert this LLB. If I down-convert the toplevel, I get an llb with the other two parts missing. What is the correct procedure to down-convert the entire llb? What are the naming rules for the other two files? It seems their names need to be strictly derived from the toplevel test or nothing shows up in the analyzer. Is there a document that describes the exact requirements? Is there a validation tool for VI analyzer tests?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,833 Views)

Doing a Save For Previous on a VI Analyzer test LLB is a pain. Previously I thought I was the only one who dealt with that pain. 🙂 But now that it affected you too, I decided to do something about it. I published a Save VI Analyzer Test to Previous Version utility that will do the Save For Previous for you. I tried it on your test LLB and a few others and it appears to work properly.

For your reference, a VI Analyzer test LLB *must* have the following naming conventions:

[test name].llb contains:

-- [test name].vi (must be the only top-level VI in the LLB)

-- [test name] Config.vi

-- [test name] Config Global.vi (optional, only for VI-based Config tests)

-- [test name] RD.vi (required only for VI Analyzer tests created for use in LabVIEW 2017 or earlier)

I've never created a validation tool for test LLBs because (1) they are already created with the proper naming conventions by the VI Analyzer Test Creator, and (2) there is a Rename a VI Analyzer Test tool you can use if you ever need to rename a test.

Message 10 of 12
(2,825 Views)