From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VI Analyzer Enthusiasts Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically add files to task

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to make use of VI Analyser in our CI script, so the analyser is running as part of our integration testing on feature branches.

I have tried to create a generic task, where I have added the source code folder as the Top-Level item.

However, I if then create a new subVI (or even a new project) in that folder, then this VI is not analyzed.... Do I really have to remember to update the VI Script every time I create a new VI in the very same folder?

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,810 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author A.E.M

Hmm, seems like it is working as I would like. When running the script through LabVIEW CLI all the VIs in the folder are analysed.

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,780 Views)

Right, if you add a folder to a VI analysis, then all the contents of that folder are analyzed. if you then add files to the folder later, those files should be analyzed by the same VI Analyzer task without need to reconfigure it. Let me know if that's not the behavior you're seeing.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,771 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

Yep, that is indeed how it works... Not sure what I did in the first place 😛

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,744 Views)