cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to the VI Analyzer Task from within a test

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I've started creating my own VI Analyzer tests.

Is it possible to access the VI Analyzer Task Reference from within the tests?

I would like to verify if all SubVI's of a VI are saved within the location(s) selected as search items in the VI Analyzer Wizard. (excluding vi.lib/user.lib,...)

Therefore I would like to access the Task Reference and then use the "VIAn Get Items VI" from the Toolkit Library.

Or is there a better way to do this?

The only workaround I see is that the user needs to configure the project folder a second time within the configuration of the test itself.

Thanks!

Corinne

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,971 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Corinne2x

There is no way to access the VI Analyzer task from within a test. You will need to configure the test with the paths you want to check.

On the bright side, there is already a test that does exactly what you're describing. Check out General > File Properties > SubVI and TypeDef Locations. We made an improvement to this test in VI Analyzer Toolkit 2018 to have a checkbox to exclude vi.lib, instr.lib, and user.lib. In earlier versions, you'll need to add those paths to the list yourself.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,957 Views)

Hi Darren

Thanks for the reply!

I was already afraid that it wasn't possible.

I'll look into the test you mentioned. However I was hoping to have a VI Analyzer config in which I wouldn't have to hardcode the project paths.

Best,

Corinne

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,946 Views)