From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VI Analyzer Enthusiasts Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to the VI Analyzer Task from within a test

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I've started creating my own VI Analyzer tests.

Is it possible to access the VI Analyzer Task Reference from within the tests?

I would like to verify if all SubVI's of a VI are saved within the location(s) selected as search items in the VI Analyzer Wizard. (excluding vi.lib/user.lib,...)

Therefore I would like to access the Task Reference and then use the "VIAn Get Items VI" from the Toolkit Library.

Or is there a better way to do this?

The only workaround I see is that the user needs to configure the project folder a second time within the configuration of the test itself.

Thanks!

Corinne

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,999 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Corinne2x

There is no way to access the VI Analyzer task from within a test. You will need to configure the test with the paths you want to check.

On the bright side, there is already a test that does exactly what you're describing. Check out General > File Properties > SubVI and TypeDef Locations. We made an improvement to this test in VI Analyzer Toolkit 2018 to have a checkbox to exclude vi.lib, instr.lib, and user.lib. In earlier versions, you'll need to add those paths to the list yourself.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,985 Views)

Hi Darren

Thanks for the reply!

I was already afraid that it wasn't possible.

I'll look into the test you mentioned. However I was hoping to have a VI Analyzer config in which I wouldn't have to hardcode the project paths.

Best,

Corinne

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,974 Views)