Welcome to the NI Community! The mission of this online community is to provide a space for peer-driven collaboration, troubleshooting, and technical development. It is a hub for education and thought leadership and also provides a place for you to give feedback on how to improve and extend our products.
We welcome everyone with an interest in National Instruments’ software and hardware, and ask that you observe these community rules:
1. Be respectful. Respect people's time and attention by asking specific, well-thought-out questions and sharing the troubleshooting and research you conducted before you posted to the NI Community. Respect people as individuals by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive. Remember everyone is at varying levels in their proficiency with NI products, and everyone here is a volunteer, so please be patient and helpful.
In summary: Be respectful, do your research before posting, and “If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."
2. Consider yourself a moderator. As a member of this community, you are taking on the responsibility of helping us moderate. We do not censor content posted to the NI Community, but in order to provide a positive, collaborative space where everyone feels comfortable engaging and asking questions, we will remove any content we deem inappropriate. If you find a user is posting offensive, illegal, or disrespectful content please use the Report to Moderator functionality (Options > Report to a Moderator) and we will be happy to follow up. Please refrain from publicly responding to the user and allow an NI moderator to engage. If you find a user is new to the NI Community and is unaware of and therefore not adhering to our user guidelines (ex. duplicate posts), please offer them assistance and also kindly point them to our posted tips and guidelines to reference for future engagement.
In summary: Report poor user conduct to a moderator, kindly educate our newer members, and help us keep the NI Community clean, useful, and fun!
3. Stay on-topic. Be sure your contributions are relevant to the discussion you are engaging in. Please do not post duplicate messages in the community; you will receive the most efficient assistance from other users if conversation is maintained within only one thread. If you have a new question, please start a new thread and do not post to a thread that has been inactive for multiple years. Lastly, absolutely NO SPAM and please no solicitations.
In summary: Start only one thread per technical question, do not post to extremely old threads, and please do not advertise or SPAM.
4. Protect your (and others’) privacy. Please do not post anything that would violate any contractual or nondisclosure agreements. Do not share anything about yourself or your organization that you would not want to see on a billboard or in Google search results. We advise against posting your personal contact information publicly. If you have posted content that needs to be removed, please use the Report to Moderator feature in the options menu to state the reason for removal.
In summary: Adhere to your privacy agreements and do not publicly share your personal contact information.
5. Remember, this is user-generated content. You'll find plenty of good advice here, but remember that your situation, configuration, or implementation may vary from that of the individual sharing a solution and not all advice will perfectly resolve your questions
In summary: Apply the same good judgment here that you would apply to information anywhere on the web.