User Group Resource Center

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was your best meeting in 2022 and why was it your best meeting?

I'd love to hear from you all about what is working well.  Code challenges?  Great food? Holiday party or seeing each other in person?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(993 Views)

Hi Nancy,

Great to see this activity being pushed.

We have found coding challenges a really good way of encouraging interactive sessions where people share their solutions, so much valuable learning is possible in these sessions. The harder bit is coming up with the challenges!

I spoke with Eric Wastl, who puts together the Advent of Code and he has said i can use the challenges that he puts together for that, which has 25 ready made challenges! All he asked in return was some reference to where we got the challenge from. So if other wanted to do this, reaching out to Eric to confirm it's OK is all you'd need to do.

We have found that variety is key, so getting different topics, different speakers is important to maintain engagement with the group.

Keen to support in any way i can.

Message 2 of 3
(963 Views)

Here are some pictures from our (Minneapolis LabVIEW User Group) Q3 2022 meeting, which was more of a LabVIEW-themed "welcome back to human contact!" It included food grilled by one of our members, LabVIEW-user bingo, Endigit's Squarebattle coding challenge, prizes, and other fun activities. We had about 25 people attend, which is low compared to our pre-pandemic 50+ attendance, but not bad!

Funding for food came from TestForce; supplies from Choose Movement Consulting; location from Emerson, games, grill master, and labor all from our members.

Image(1)(1).jpegImage(3)(1).jpegImage(2)(1).jpegImage(4).jpeg

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
Choose Movement Consulting
choose-mc.com
Message 3 of 3
(928 Views)