User Group Resource Center

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a QR Code to Drive User Group Attendees to Your Online Community

While browsing some of the NI community pages; I noticed that AlphaTreo, a group organizer for NINILUG, recently posted a QR code for his the user group community. I really like this idea as a way to make it really simple for attendees to navigate to your user community page. Obviously, the URLs are not the easiest to remember. In terms of usage, I see a couple of opportunities here.

First, you can include a picture of your code at the end of a presentation and leave it up for interested parties to read with their phones. It could direct them to your community or even straight to a presentation download. Another option is to use it to drive online community membership. The picture can easily be printed on the back of a business card or on a flyer if you promote your community in such a fashion.

Create a QR Code

To be honest, I haven't created a QR code up until this morning. Super easy! I simply Googled "create qr code" and selected the first relevant link. This was the interface...

createqr.JPGI simply pasted the User Group Resource Center URL in the text box and clicked the button. And here it is...

UGRC.JPGTake a screen shot of the image and save it as a .jpg and you're good to go. Like I said earlier, paste it in a presentation or print it on a flyer. Those who scan it will be redirected straight to your onlilne community. If you have any ideas or thoughts on usage, please comment below.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(12,323 Views)

Thanks for the shout-out, Matt!  I had incorrectly assumed that one needed to sign up with some service which would generate a "controlled" QR code.  Once I got to researching the codes here, I realized that it is just a way to encode normal text.  There really isn't much to it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,335 Views)