Unit Testing Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of setUp and tearDown in JKI VI Tester Test Suite

Hi all,

I am using JKI VI Tester for the unit test coverage.

I want to know how we can make use of setUp and tearDown VIs in the test suite.

I have used New VI but never used setUp and tearDown VIs in test suite.

Please reply if you have used those VIs, along with the use case.

Thanks in advance,

Bhargavi Gowri. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,352 Views)

I twitted for JKI to come to take a look at this post

https://twitter.com/Fabiola31416/status/1091020559457181696

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,316 Views)

Hi, Bhargavi. There is a VI Tester Getting Started Guide with links to videos and a VI Tester discussion forum monitored by JKI here. The use case is where you want to reuse a setup and teardown across a set of different test cases.

Message 3 of 6
(4,307 Views)

Hi Fab

Thanks for twitting my post..!! Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Bhargavi Gowri.

Message 4 of 6
(4,241 Views)

Hi Jim Kring,

Thanks for the informationSmiley Happy 

Meanwhile I have got some time to play with the Test Suite and understand where and how I can use setUp and tearDown VIs 🙂

Now, I am using those in my application and it suits my needs.

One thing I want to mention here is,

I was trying to transfer data from setUp VI of Test Suite to setUp VI of Test Case, and I wasn't able to do it. I had to use functional global to do the same. Please let me know if there is any other better way to do this.

Thanks,

Bhargavi Gowri.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,240 Views)

Bhargavi,

I don't know how you are structuring your tests, so this might not help at all.

We tend to group several test VIs within a single TestCase class. You can delete the SetUp.vi and TearDown.vi from the class and instead, right-click on your child of TestCase class and select New for Override. Then, override globalSetUp.vi and globalTearDown.vi. These execute once. The globalSetUp.vi execute once before running all the test VIs within a TestCase class and the globalTearDown.vi execute once after the last test VI in a Test case class executes.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 6 of 6
(4,228 Views)