From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Unit Testing Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move .lvtest file on disk

I am refactoring and trying to move some .lvtest files into a new directory and having problems.

Does anyone know how to do this?

I was going to ask how best to do this but right now any way to do it would be an improvement

Many thanks

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,023 Views)

One way to do it is to move the .lvtest files to the new directory and then open them with notepad and readjust their relative path to the VI under test.

The path to the VI under test can be relative.

Open one of the lvtest with notepad before moving them and check if the path to the VI under test is relative or not. Try changing it (from relative to full path or from full to relative) and verify that you can still open the lvtest via LabVIEW. Once you know you can do this change, you can do what I outline above.

dpnsw wrote:

I was going to ask how best to do this but right now any way to do it would be an improvement

I don't know if this is the best way, but it definitely a way

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 2 of 4
(4,953 Views)

Fabulous!

That works.

The only other thing I needed to do was

1. Close the project
  2. Copy the .lvtest file to the directory I want it in.
  3. Edit the copied file with text editor (exactly as per your instructions) VI under test (top of file) and Setup and Teardown paths (bottom of file)
  4. Re-open the project
  5. Right Click and remove the old lvtest file from the project
  6. In the project folder I want the moved .lvtest file in I just right click and add file

All working and the editing means I don't get the breakage I was having by choosing different VI's

Brilliant!

Thank you

Message 3 of 4
(4,953 Views)

If memory serves I've used the rename function to change the disk location but kept the filename the same. This seems to update the relative referencing.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,953 Views)