Unit Testing Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Unit Test Report

I'm embracing Unit Testing on a project which has historically had less-than-ideal levels of testing. For each component of software we're performing a batch of unit tests, and I want to create a document to record the output from each component's testing. I want therefore to be able to export the information from the Unit Test Framework Results panel in a format that I can then paste into our Word Component Test Report documents.

So - how do I export the UTF Report panel content in a format that I can use externally?

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,744 Views)

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372584C-01/lvutfhowto/utfh_report_generate/

Glad to see you are giving it a try.

Let me know if this helps.

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
Message 2 of 5
(5,659 Views)

Just found that you can set automated report generation in the Project Properties. I can see how this can help with Jenkins automated report generation, but can we really not create reports from the Report Dialogue?

Edit: Thanks Fab, I literally just found and tried that out. I was hoping for something more interactive?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,659 Views)

Thoric wrote:

Just found that you can set automated report generation in the Project Properties. I can see how this can help with Jenkins automated report generation, but can we really not create reports from the Report Dialogue?

Edit: Thanks Fab, I literally just found and tried that out. I was hoping for something more interactive?

<rant>

I agree, this is not easy to find. One of my pet peeves with UTF is that the different tools are disjointed. One can not create a test vector from the unit test definition, one can not create a new unit test definition from the test vector creation window, one can not set the properties for reporting from the same place where tests and vectors are defined. And one can not just export from the UTF report window.

</rant> 

You might want to add an idea exchange option and track it here:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-39468

Also, try out step 6 in the instructions:

"(Optional) Place a checkmark in a View report after execution checkbox to display the test report after test execution."

if you try it out, you will see that when the tests are done if a report is set to be generated, it will be displayed at the end and you can choose to print it/save it, etc. So it is not as interactive as you had hoped but it might get you to the same destination.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Fab

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,659 Views)

FabiolaDelaCueva wrote:

Thoric wrote:

You might want to add an idea exchange option and track it here:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-39468

Done

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,659 Views)