From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Unit Testing Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buggy UTF - UI doesnt match unit test file...

Anyone come across this before - I have a unit test (in unit test framework) which is failing despite the fact the code DOES work as per the test (tested and verified manually) and the reason it is failing is because the vi under test inputs are not being set. So, I open the .lvtest file in LabVIEW UTF, and according to the UI, the inputs of my VI are being "set" (check marks next to the input). BUT, if I open the test in an external editor (From the project window), the test file has clearly identified the inputs as "ignore".

I'll submit a bug later, but just thought I'd throw this on here first! I've attached a screenshot to show what I mean... 

I'm using LV2017 SP1, but I've seen this behaviour in LV2016 too...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,980 Views)

This sounds like a bug, I will see if we can get someone from NI to look at it and answer this.

I have never seen it.

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,973 Views)

Anyone interested, there is now a CAR on this --> CAR#706792

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,743 Views)