Unit Testing Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AST Unit Tester on NI Tools Network

Oh I guess I misunderstood the "Add" feature. It's to add existing tests to the GUI not to create new ones, right? What was confusing to me is that the GUI automatically adds all new tests in the project to the GUI view and one can also use "Refresh" to add them if the GUI was already open.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,502 Views)

Yes add is to add existing tests not to add new ones.  I can recreate that error now.  I don't use add a lot.  When I was showing the tester to other people there was a request to add the "Add" and "Remove" button.  I added those in.  The idea being if the GUI doesn't for some reason automatically find tests you can manually add them.

Sorry for the confusion.

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,493 Views)

Hello Nikita,

The tester will flag the test as fail if the error out terminal reports an error even if the "Pass" boolean is true.  You then can double click on the failed test and see what the error is.

Does that answer your question?

Thanks 

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

Message 13 of 15
(1,489 Views)

Hello Dan,

Yes, that answers my question, thank you. 

It would be nice if you could add the error message string in a table or in the report file, so I can quickly identify the type of a problem. I see the Error output of the test VI as an indicator showing me that something went wrong (probably not related to VIs under test). So I am interested in fixing these errors first and then repeat my tests.

Nikita Prorekhin
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,470 Views)

Sorry Nikita for not responding sooner.  Fell off my radar.

I thought about having another column in the string for failure messages.  I decided not to do that due to real estate concerns.  I find by going right to the test you can run it outside the tester and see what is going on.

Thanks

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,410 Views)