This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

help regarding transducer design

I have to design a transducer on labview. Can anyone provide steps? Also what techniques should i follow?

Its part of my final year project and im running out of time so if anyone has any idea please help me here. Theres not much help available on the internet.

I would be very grateful.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,383 Views)
3 REPLIES

Re: help regarding transducer design

Hi Humda,

What do yoiu mean by "design a transducer on labview". Do you have an example of what you want to do? or a starting point? I agree, you might not find a lot of help of that topic on the internet but you have to be more precise if you want help.

Look at the documents in this group (and join if you want). I am willing to help (even if I'm definitely not a transducer designer) but you have to give more details.

Marc Dubois

www.harotek.com

Marc Dubois
HaroTek LLC
www.harotek.com
Message 2 of 4
(2,924 Views)

Hello Marc,

I want to design an ultrasonic transducer with piezoelectric crystals that can send and receive sound waves. I should be able to change the frequency of sound vibrations as desired. It should be totally simulation based with no external interfacing. Also im new to labview so i have less understanding of its features.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,924 Views)

First, you have to decide what model you want to use for the pzt modeling. This has nothing to do with LabVIEW.

I am certainly not an expert in pzt modeling but I have used in the past KLM modeling which is not too complicated (but I cannot find the code anymore. If I can find it, I will post it.)

You can find references on the web: here is a couple: Web tool: www.biosono.com/TrnsLgd/TrnsLgd.php, Matlab code: www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/34039-klmmodel-m

Once you have your equations, you can look for generic examples and tutorials on LabVIEW to learn how to implement your model.

I don't think that it is something you will find all done in LabVIEW.

good luck

BTW: Join the group if you can!

Marc Dubois

www.harotek.com

Marc Dubois
HaroTek LLC
www.harotek.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,924 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.