USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whether NI-usrp 2921 can change the daughterboard ?

because of the half duplex performance of  XCVR daughterboard can not meet our demand , I wonder whether I can change the SBX 400-4400 MHz Rx/Tx  daughterboard, and I can still run the NI-usrp driver without proplem. 

Thank you? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,823 Views)

Hi HustLiliAn,

The NI-USRP driver version 1.1 supports the SBX daughterboard and should function without any issues.  If you are using the 1.0 version of the driver, you will need to update to 1.1.

Sarah Yost
Senior Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,817 Views)

Hi , sarah 

Thank for your reply, I still want to make sure that the NI-USRP 2921 can't transmit and receive at the same time ?  From the NI-USRP help document , it is full duplex .

What is more , how long NI-USRP 2921 from receive state switch to transmit state ?

I want to realize the relay experiment by 2921,  once the relay receive one packet from souce , it forward immediately to the 

destination . Because 2921 can't work full duplex , so I need to switch the state , if the switch time is long , I think 2921 may 

can not meet our demand ?  am I right?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,814 Views)

Hi HustLiliAn,

The XCVR daughterboard that is in the 2921 is half duplex and cannot transmit and receive at the same time.  You mentioned that the documentation says that it is full duplex, but I cannot find any mention of it.  If you could provide a specific location in the help where this is stated, I would like to have the error fixed.  The block diagram of the 2921 in the help document shows that you can transmit and receive on the same antenna, but gives no indication that you can do both at the same time.

What sort of timing do you need to meet for switching between tx and rx for your application?  The time delay is not speced, but it is something that you could easily test on your system.  My guess is that it will not be fast enough, but I do not know much about your system specifications.

Sarah Yost
Message 4 of 6
(6,806 Views)

Hi, sarah 

Just as you said, I infer the full duplex from the  2921 block diagram  that the transmit and receive path are separte,

So it should be full duplex ,  the block diagram confuse me, maybe it should be revised.

Moreover, I wonder whether Ni provide the service of exchange daughterboard ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,801 Views)

Hi HustLiliAn,

I will see if I can add something to the documentation to make very clear that the 2921 is half duplex.

I am not in any way involved with NI sales.  You will need to talk with your local sales team.  At this time, NI does not currently have an option available with the SBX daughterboard.  There is an option with the WBX board which operates between 50 MHz - 2.2 GHz and is full duplexed.  Your sales person will be better able to assist you with your questions regarding an exchange.

Sarah Yost
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,792 Views)