From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two tx channels start times

Hello everyone! 

I'm trying to implement transmitter with two channels on different frequencies. I have 2942R.  10MS/s sample rate on each chanel. I need to start generation at the same time by the trigger on the pps in. I've tried to use sample project for multiple usrps for one usrp. But actualy the difference from TX0 to TX1 is about 20-60 ms.   

How can i synchronize start of generation of two channels on one USRP? 

thx.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,494 Views)

Hi Makmerfy,

Have you tried using the niUSRP EX Tx Multiple Outputs (Single Device, Multi Channel).vi example? This should be located in the <LabVIEW version>\examples\instr\niUSRP folder.

Julia P.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,478 Views)
No,it is not right for me I have two iq arrays of different length and continues generation.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,472 Views)

Hi Makmerfy,

This would still be a good starting point as you can modify the example for continuous generation. Regarding the IQ arrays of different length, you can modify the two array inputs to the Build Array function and it will automatically add zero-padding to the shorter array. If this does not suit your application, an option would be to repeat the samples of each array until they are of matched length.  

Hope this helps!

Julia P.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,415 Views)
Jupiter02,samples does not repeat,if I have some zero padding then receiver loose signal phase detection. I'm using Usrp rio API. Thx for your comment anyway.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,408 Views)