From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"MIMO Cable link did not lock within alloted time" error in USRP 2922

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am running Prof Heath courseware experiments, specifically lab 2.1, on USRP 2922 and I have come through this error:
"niUSRP Initiate.vi<ERR>The MIMO cable link did not lock within the alloted time." with error code "-1074118624". I don't understand the error and don't know what to do noting that I'm not using anything related to MIMO and I don't have a MIMO cable in the first place.

Can someone help me with that? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(6,748 Views)

Can you tell me a bit more about your hardware and software set up? At what point in your program do you receive this error?

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(6,724 Views)

I'm using the NI USRP-2922 box with ethernet connection to the computer. The software used is LabView 2013 with Service Pack 1, and NI-USRP Software Suite 1.2. The VIs I'm using are those provided by Dr Heath among his courseware for the wireless communications lab, specifically Lab 2.1, top_rx.vi. It stops working from the very start: when I run the vi (after running top_tx.vi on another machine with another USRP and wait till the green light goes on) it reports this error and stops.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(6,721 Views)

Are you able to use highlight execution to locate the VI that is throwing this error?

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(6,708 Views)

I did and found that "niUSRP Initiate.vi" is the block that gives this error. It's located in the subvi "RXRF_recv.vi" which is used in the main vi "top_rx.vi". I also made sure that the input to this block is teh correct IP address and that error in is OK.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(6,703 Views)

Have you been able to run any examples with your current hardware? If this code has worked before, was there any identifiable change that may have caused this error?

If you have a screenshot of the configuration portion leading up to the portion of your code that throws this error that would also be helpful.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(6,687 Views)

Here I am attaching screenshots for the top_rx.vi (1.jpg and 2.jpg) showing the hardware parameters and the modulation parameters respectively and a screenshot for the receiver.vi (the subvi, 3.jpg) where the problem occurs.

And yes, I've been able to run other examples: the vi for the first experiment ran smoothly.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(6,683 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mado0101

Hi,

One possible case where you could get the "MIMO cable link did not lock..." error is if you set the reference frequency source to "Mimo" mode and were not actually using any mimo cables or configuration.

Message 8 of 18
(6,676 Views)

Thank you. It worked. Though it's strange since it's stated in the help that "internal" is the default value for the frequency reference clock, though I had to enforce it using the property node to remove this "MIMO error"!

Thanks again for your help.

Best,

Ahmed

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(6,671 Views)

Hi Ahmed,

I am glad that it worked.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(6,633 Views)