From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missimg USRP Driver

Do1e_0-1634027547564.png

Do1e_1-1634027559137.png

I have already installed NI-USRP. But when I tried to open a labview vi, it told me that labview can't find niUSRP Configure Signal.vi and some other related vi.

How can I install these missing vi?

In addition, I'm using LabView2021 and NI-USRP20.5.0

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,197 Views)

Hello  Do1e,

LabVIEW 2021 is the newest version of LabVIEW and it supports a limited amount modules and toolkits yet. Also, the latest NI-USRP driver version is 20.5.0 which means that there is no released driver for LabVIEW 2021 yet. 

I suggest downgrading your LabVIEW 2021 to LabVIEW 2020 and wait for NI-USRP 21 driver version release, after which you can continue using labVIEW 2021.

I hope this will help you 🙂

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,150 Views)

Hi Pater. I'm experiencing a similar problem. It won't connect to the USRP, nor can I reset or self-test. I have checked the readme and everything  in my system and software should be compatible. Except I'm using:

LabVIEW 2019 SP1

LabVIEW NXG 5.0

LabVIEW Communications 5.0

USRP 2901/rev4 with 20.0.1

Is there a way to verify if the driver is installed or downgrade the driver? I have LabVIEW 2017, but I'm unsure what to do about NXG since that is where my course lab lessons are located.

mclabop_0-1634316352873.png

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,143 Views)

Hi mclabop,

To get information about your drivers and software, also for controlling them I suggest you download the "NI Package Manager". It will help you to manage all the installed software. If you want to downgrade the driver you can remove it from the Package manager and install the older version.

Hope that this will help you 🙂

Best Regards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. KUDOS are highly welcomed 😉

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,114 Views)

Hi Pater, unfortunately I already had this. I think it might be the firmware and not the driver. I updated the driver shortly after posting. And even tried rolling back to labview 2017 and NXG 4. Nothing seems to work. But thank you for your suggestion.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,107 Views)

Hello  mclabop,

I have searched for some useful information.

NI-USRP 20.0 Readme - National Instruments

In the link, you can find the LabVIEW NXG and USRP compatibility versions.

Hope this will provide you with more information.

Best regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------

P.S. KUDOs drive to find more solutions 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,067 Views)

yeah, sadly I'd already checked that. All of my software/hardware/system combinations are compatible. At this point I'm assuming it's a bad radio and I'll work with the college student store to return it since NI won't support me directly.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,056 Views)