USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview-usrp

Hi,

I am new in using Labview with USRP board.

Actually, i am trying to design an RF communication system.

I wonder how the program that I have designed is working: 

when launching the execution of the program,

- are VIs sent by labview in order to be implemented on the USRP board, where they are executed (using the USRP resources)

- or everything is performed using my PC resources (where Labview is installed) and Labview just help me to communicate with the USRP board (to retrieve data, send data...)

In other words, for example, if I designed a filter.vi (or modulation.vi) with labview, this module will be executed on my PC or it will be implemented on the USRP board.

Actually, my main objective is to design an RF communication system that can be run in REAL-TIME. So how can labview (and USRP) help me fulfilling this.

Cordially.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,889 Views)

Hi,

I am new in using Labview with USRP board.

Actually, i am trying to design an RF communication system.

I wonder how the program that I have designed is working: 

when launching the execution of the program,

- are VIs sent by labview in order to be implemented on the USRP board, where they are executed (using the USRP resources)

- or everything is performed using my PC resources (where Labview is installed) and Labview just help me to communicate with the USRP board (to retrieve data, send data...)

In other words, for example, if I designed a filter.vi (or modulation.vi) with labview, this module will be executed on my PC or it will be implemented on the USRP board.

Actually, my main objective is to design an RF communication system that can be run in REAL-TIME. So how can labview (and USRP) help me fulfilling this.

Cordially.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,883 Views)

Hi, Hayfa-BTH.

USRP is simply a hardware platform for sending and receiving RF signals. The operating characteristics of the USRP are defined by how they are set in software, such as the frequency band or IQ rate used. Assuming a situation of transmitting a simple OFDM signal, the USRP is responsible for transmitting the specific baseband frame composed of discrete samples through up-converting and transmitting the RF signal. In this case, LabVIEW (or Host PC) is responsible for the series of steps required to create the baseband frame.

For better understanding,  please refer to the following linkhttp://www.ni.com/documentation/en/usrp-software-defined-radio-reconfigurable-device/latest/usrp-294...

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,807 Views)