USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use USRP packet transmitter and packet receiver to transmit an image

Hi

I have just seen the USRP packet transmitter and packet receiver.It can only transmit some massage.

How can I modify it to transmit an image?

_ZDG{Q~_5M94DSCV[@[DZ7H.pngC_~KBA@5JP0CV66A0O5L7Z2.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,005 Views)

Hi there,

To transmit an image in LabVIEW, first you have to read an image with some combination of built-in modules: read_imag.pngUnfortunately, only .bmp, .jpg and .png images are supported. For other formats you need to convert it to one of the three types mentioned.

After reading an image, the bytes format data of it can be easily connected to the packet-based link example. 

However, if you also wish to receive that signal and reconstruct the image back. There's much more effort to do.

The following link is a course on digital communication system that may help you:

Digital Communication Systems

It is a course taught at National Taiwan University. The lab 3 in the webpage guides you to implement an image transceiver.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,792 Views)

Is it possible to modify the RX part of the original Example file to take the values received continously (I send in Number strings) and provide a corresopnding continous graph of the received data (with an event structure)?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(348 Views)