USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning policy functionality

There's a property node to set the behavior of what happens during unsuccesful fetches, but my experience is that it doesn't behave as advertised in the documentation.

I'd like to configure things such that if there is a buffer overflow, that I can forgo the "Samples cannot be time-aligned" error message and just move on.  In other words...I am accepting that in my application I will experience buffer overflows...I want to ignore that warning, and then just 'keep going'...starting the buffer anew.  Is this kind of operation possible?  

Brandon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,056 Views)

Have you set Configuration >> Advanced >> Warning Policy to either "Return Warnings" or "Return Success" in the property node?  Try both of those options to see what happens.

Some errors cannot be ignored... but you should be able to ignore simple underflows and overflows.  If there are too many overflows/underflows building up, your data (and the timing associated with the data) may be too badly damaged to be useful.  What rates are you running at?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,038 Views)

Yes.  This is the Property Node that I am talking about.  I have tried both options and none of them seem to have any effect on functionality.

This issue you describe is exactly what I believe to be happening.  In my application, I am displaying a lot of data to the front panel...which eats resources.  This leads to a memory backup since I can't Fetch data fast enough.  Eventually....depending on system resources....I'll get an error message that says something about how "IQ samples cannot be time aligned".  

What I'd like to do is implicity accept that this will happen...and just ignore it when it does...rather than having to deal with an error box, then start the program all over again.

However...it doesn't seem like this warning policy is really doing anything.  Does anyone actually know what errors this is supposed to work for?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,024 Views)