USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOICE TRANSMISSION USING NI USRP AND LABVIEW

Hello Everyone,

recently i have been working on ni usrp.I want to transmit voice from microphone using FM modulation. As iam new to Labview i am unable to do  this.

Please help me to sort out this problem.Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Emran

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(6,071 Views)

What is your problem?

Where are you stuck?

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(6,065 Views)

Thanks for ur concern. As iam new to labview i cant understand how to take the microphone input and connect it to usrp. The following attachment transmit only WAV sound.Could u please modify it so that instead of wav file it takes input from the microphone.

I would be great if u help me to solve this.

Regards

Emran

Message 3 of 17
(6,035 Views)

First, please use full words and not "textspeak" such as "u" and "ur".

I think you'll have a better response if you post your question in the USRP Software Radio forum.  People patrolling that forum would be regular users of USRP while only a small percentage of those in the LabVIEW forum are familiar with USRP.

Message 4 of 17
(6,028 Views)

tienes la parte de recepcion de audio?? yo tb estoy haciendo eso pero no logro receptarlo

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(5,517 Views)

Hey All,

Thanks for putting time and effort in to discussing this application. Here are some thoughts that could potentially help everyone out.

Firstly, I agree with RavensFan that we should move this to a different forum. This will help other USRP users see this more readily so they can help us out. Also for other USRP users who have the same question they'll be able to find this easier there as well.

Here is what I'm assuming we're trying to do, if not please clearly indicate what your setup looks like. Our microphone has some interface to our host PC which is capturing our waveform we want to send. From there we can modulate that waveform and send that to the USRP TX. Past that it'll just be the reverse for the RX to get our waveform back.

If that sounds right it sounds like something very similar to the example will work for you. You will need the Modulation toolkit but you could build your own modulate VI if you want to work around that. Other than that, this is generally how I would expect how to program you application.

USRP Transmit Frequency Modulated (FM) Signal - https://forums.ni.com/t5/Software-Defined-Radio/USRP-Transmit-Frequency-Modulated-FM-Signal/ta-p/351...

Hope this helps!

JY
Application Engineer, RF and Communications
National Instruments
Message 6 of 17
(5,508 Views)

Hello,

my name is Ashwini. I am trying to transmit voice signal over the wireless channel Using FM. i have tried it using  Acquire VI. with this i am able to transmit the voice but not continuosly. It will acquire the data till the specified time and transmit it. But while acquiring it second time my channel will be free and this should not happen as i am trying to do real time transmission. could you please help me to solve this problem with your suggestion??

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(5,231 Views)

Acquire.vi is just an express Vi to get you started.

Click Open Front Panel (also for it's subVI) to see how it's been made. It simply calls Configure, Start, Read, Stop and Clear in the correct order. You should do that too.

It's probably smart to let the sound acquisition loop put it's data on a queue, and to let the USRP loop read from that queue. But that's another topic.

Message 8 of 17
(5,221 Views)

I tried using Sound VI i.e, sound input read VI. I have connected this output to USRP. But here data transmission is not continuous. i have attached my code for both transmission and reception here. can you go through this and give me suggestion to overcome this problem.

Download All
Message 9 of 17
(5,200 Views)

You're continuously calling the Sound configuration. Move it outside the loop (to the left).

Also, the sound acquisition is blocking the execution of the USRP send (they are synchronized). Put them in two loops, and use a queue to send the data from one to the other.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(5,190 Views)