From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USRP2940r customize FPGA run with Ethernet

Hello,

I am using NI USRP 2940R as FPGA target. I have written the code and it is working fine when it runs with PCI Express Connection.

Now i want to run my USRP (with the customize FPGA) through ethernet connection but i don't think my code (written on FPGA, Streaming Xcvr) works . . . Is there some thing i am missing . . .

In Addition,

Examples via the Windows start menu: All Programs --> National Instruments --> NI-USRP --> Examples are working normally . . .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,559 Views)

Hello!

When using the NI USRP RIO, the PCIe interface is required to use LabVIEW FPGA to customize the bitfile.  You can use ethernet when using NI-USRP with one of the default bitfiles only.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(2,529 Views)

Thanks for your reply Jon F.

Yes i know PCIe interface is required to use LabVIEW FPGA to customize the bitfile but after Customization i want to run this customized bitfile through Ethernet.

Is it Possible . . ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,482 Views)

This will not be possible through the ethernet interface.  The USRP RIO can not run headless, and the bitfile is downloaded to the device every time you run host code which calls a custom bitfile.  This is only supported through the PCIe connection, so using any bitfile outside of the defaults will not work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,475 Views)